Friday, October 3, 2008

The First Rain

So i decided to write Every week at least and if the mood takes me on a daily basis. Ill try not to make this either a dear diary or today i got up and had breakfast blog, but rather a collection or summery of the highlights and maybe some lowlights!!

I wish i had started this a while ago.,it might be fun to one day look back on the adventure that is now everyday life!!!

so for those that dont quite know were i am, im in Plaverville, North California. Go check it on a map.... NOw!!! lol
Its mountain territory and as west as your gonna get.. when they talk about the wild west, well that's were i am. Except that men ride steel horses now.. better known as Harley s

Today i started my ministry at 7.30, i do this a few times a week with some of the younger sisters. A pioneer called Amanda McCoy in her early twenties and Tiffany a sister in the Spanish cong, she nsnt Spanish she joined the cong as she took the Spanish lessons the society set up. . So we did the car parks, laundry mats and bus stops. On Wednesday i found a guy called Steve in his truck in the car lot for some offices and i placed mags with him. He was reading from the book of Mormon.. Now for those of you that know me really well you will know that i have had a thing for Patrick Stewart aka Captain Jean Luke Picard of the USS Enterprise since i was 1. well imagine a tanned version of him in casuals. (Swoon) So i bumped into him again today!!!... same place, same time!! I really didnt recognize his car.. so we had a nice chat, he still had the mags they i left him and we talked for awhile about religion i had a ton of questions for him, esp about the space ship thing .. lol ill make him a RV i think, same time nxt week LOL

OOh did i tell you i have my own maps!!! i have 2 and they are in walking distance of my home. i got to chose them, one is business and one is residential territory! well havent i caused a Hullabaloo in the ministry groups..!! I had to almost force the sisters to try business min...its all medical offices so basically all we can do is ask for permission to leave mags for patients or if the office staff would like them in the staff room.. easy right!?? .......nope,. one sister refused to talk and it was really hard to get them out of the car, after about half an hour they all decided to do RV's lolol they thanked me after for forcing them to try something they hadnt done before, so im plugging on..its the same with street work and sometimes walking territory, if its out of their comfort zone its like pulling teeth!!! But they are a great bunch ill get some pics of the early morning lot and us on the ministry, maybe at our reg starbucks stop.

Well today was the first rain...ive been waiting for this for 3 months..and i missed it!!@@!! i was in the bedroom making the bed.. the dog comes in smelling of water and im like.. NOOOOO ... i run out and the streets wet but no rain..i missed it.. im so gutted!!!

ill put some pics of the the house and were we live when i do ill add the link in here
You have a nice day now!

1 comment:

AmandaChristina said...

This made me laugh!! I wonder who that sister was who refused to talk at the businesses. Do I know her? Ha ha. :)

Okay I am ashamed of myself. Next time I will just DO IT. I know I shouldn't be afraid. But I was. I *might* be over it now. Maybe. We can hope. :) No promises yet.

And I am sad we didn't find your "cute Mormon" today. I hope he's not avoiding us. :)