Thursday, August 27, 2009

Poor Shermandy Wermandy


Our boxer Sherman has been poorly.. He has had a mushroom looking growth, growing out of his ear. It was pretty big and looked infected. Aaron and his dad Jerry wanted to perform surgery on Sherman themselves..Sigh.. I had to ever so politely remind them that unless they had a certificate that proved they went to veterinary school and could handle this they had better let a PROFESSIONAL deal with it..

I took Sherman to the vet today and they decided to keep him in then and there and do the surgery to remove the growth. The vet thinks that the growth might be a big pollop.. It looked like a mushroom from the top it was literally like some one had stuck a mushroom in his ear like an ear plug. He thinks it may be caused due to extreme irritation. As one was growing in the other ear too.. He cauterized them and flushed the ears out. Sherman was all drugged up when we collected him. Wobbly on his feet and didn't really know where he was hence we couldnt leave him alone.. He was fine today tho his usual self.. At the moment im cooking them meals. As his irritation is caused by food allergies so I cooked a batch of chicken and rice. Will add some black beans to it later to bulk it out. It really made me realize how much I love him and of course Tootise. lol
We wont find out if it was just a pollop or a cancerous growth till tomorrow as it went to pathology. . We caught Sherman trying to get in to Tootsies bed.. and he managed it.

I never thought i could love animals they way I love Sherman and Tootsie. My heart broke for him today seeing him all dazed and confused.. I wanted to be home with him..

I have a confession people.. My Name is Emily and I love my Dogs.. lol

No comments: