Monday, January 4, 2010

Borders Book Evening

Before I went away I decided it was time to buy some books.  Sarah and I trundled off to Borders.  As a rule I do not buy books from big chain stores. The prices are too high and Id rather support independent sellers or second hand books stores. I love second hand book stores, I love books that have the read feel about them, in  my humble opinon a book should look like it has been read, or loved as I like to put it. A fingered, bent cornered book tells me it has been read with a passion and the story that lies within calls to me. 

A large book store as Borders also gives me the luxury of being in a library, everything has its place, the best sellers are there, the recommendations are calling out me to.. Its a little easier to walk in having no idea what you want and not be totally overwhelmed. Borders to me is like a luxury library, with coffee and chatting.

This visit I went to find a new Author. I found Jane Green, I wanted to read the Beach House which sounded light hearted. I have yet to find it out side or Borders. Sigh...


I also purchased not from Borders but from my local second hand book shop and rather nice copy of Jane Austins Pride and Prejudice. I love Austen on screen, the language and the relationships, yes I confess it is a rather dulled down version, but I have never the mind nor the patience to actually read her.. Well thats changed, Ive started reading it and its very enjoyable.. Im finding lack of time being a issue but Im ill at the moment so maybe I should  take my leisure and read a bit.

I went with my friend Sarah.. it was a very pleasant evening.  We found a great little Indian right next to Borders I highly recommend it to anyone.. Very Cheap and  Great Food.




3 comments:

Charlean said...

Boarders and a best friend, who could ask for anything more?
Luv XXX auntie

Myra said...

Like how you said Borders is like a luxury library witth coffee and chatting... :)

knitterbeal said...

What a great evening. Can't wait to do it again.