Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Lurgy

We have a sick house hold at the moment. I got sick last week, I had body aches, headache and sore throat. Then Aaron got ill, he got blocked nose, headache and a cough. I got better then the next day I get blocked up, my throat gets worse and so the cycle continues. This is the second week of being ill and im sick of it .. Excuse the pun! Im fed up with being indoors and wanting to be productive but not having the strength of body or mind to do it. Of course there is also the lack of meeting with the friends and my daily dose of Service. The thing of it is, is that we are not laid up so sick we cant go to meetings ( sitting for 2 hours at home or at the hall is still sitting) but its not very kind of us to go sniffing and blowing our noses, coughing and crunching on those all important cough sweets. I like the cherry ones. So we are confined to our homes like outcasts and Im getting very restless... !!!!!

To give this blog a bit more meat around the bones Im going to put up an old poem I wrote the last time i was REALLY sick I mean I was really sick fever the works. ENjoy.. Gift baskets, chocolate, flowers and general yummies may be deliverd at your own risk. ;)


THE LURGY

Unwanted you invaded my body your green residue sitting heavy on my insides,
Holding on tight and fighting for life you disguise yourself as a friend

A war begins… A battle between two worlds

Those around me are unaware that inside I feel like I'm dying.
My people my friends O were will this end.
Trapped banished, kept away from the few, I see day light struggling through.
To weak to move, I bask in its beams thinking of ways to defeat you

Reinvigored by the warming sun I decide I will struggle on,
I close my eyes and fall into a deep sleep were our worlds become one and we battle on. Overcome by the slime that you leave behind I slowly open my eyes
A sigh of relief as I start to breathe…
For this day the war is won.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon Em