Wednesday, July 4, 2012

No egg pancakes




Every had one of those days when you never have what you feel like eating in the fridge or pantry. This morning was one of those days.  I was determined not to go out and have to buy anything.  We had good food in our home, I was going to use what we had.

Its Aarons day off and he wanted a nice breakfast. Oatmeal just wasn't cutting it.   No eggs, no bread, no cheese! what could be have.

I rummaged through my pantry and found a bisquick box. I hate store brought pancake mixes or white pancakes they are so tasteless but this box was for another recipe I had tried that involved sliced apples dipped in pancake batter and then put on the griddle. It was really good.

Pancakes would be good but no eggs. I then went to Google and found that banana would work. I also had some of mums home made apple sauce. I have read lots about people using these as substitutes.

So a few minutes later I did this

1 cup of bisquik
1/2 banana
3 tbsp of apple sauce
1/2 cup of milk
cinnamon


Gave it all a good stir with a fork.  You can also stick it in a blender but I like the old fashioned method, builds muscle.

They acted just like pancakes got fluffy and tasted fantastic. The banana really makes it tasty. I also drizzled them with honey. Would have been better if it was whole wheat but this was quick easy and tasty.  Will always make my pancakes like this now.

No comments: