Monday, June 13, 2011

Musings about moving to London


I'm thinking about moving back to London!

Let me just add a little note here.. This isn’t in plan mode its me thinking out loud.

As the title suggests I have been thinking about moving back to London. Aaron isn’t quite there with me yet so as I said this is me just thinking. It popped into my head last week. Up until now I hadn’t really considered it an option to move back to London. I might have let the thought pass through once before but it never took root as was probably due to being homesick.

This time I’m thinking more about our lives, do I want my life to continue as it is now? Is there room for change and a challenge. I have considered how the move would effect us from a spiritual, economic and health view point and I am struggling to come up with reasons not to go.

The watchtower this weekend was especially helpful as it was all about making decisions, It reminded me not to run off gun ho with an idea. There is still a lot of research to do regarding Aarons status in the UK and the process that involves him getting legal rights to stay.

I wrote a list of pros and cons for moving.


PROS

Walking is part of your life style, in the USA you have
To make time to walk

Sports Centers - there are sports centers were you can We are starting with nothing
Swim and do tennis, squash, basket ball, I used to swim
A few times a week.

More jobs in the city

I have a apartment with low rent

I could do foreign Lang ministry and still go to an Aaron might find it hard to adjust
English cong, back to Somali, being apart of starting congregations and groups.

Aaron and I could work only part time

We could both pioneer

Free/low cost Dental

Free Healthcare

Travel more as we are in Europe

Do not need a car


CONS

City living we love the mountains

Would be back to having worldly family pressure

Aaron would have to give up a stable job.

Aaron could not work initially

Would miss my new family here

We would have to give up the Harley

We might hate it and it not work

Tootsie would have to stay in the USA



The cons it seems stem mostly from fear of failure. Having to adapt, starting over, walking away from a job, making a mistake. I know the grass is never greener and maybe I’m underestimating how hard it will be to have our roles reversed. Aaron will not be able to work until he has legal status. In the USA it took me nearly a year to get my status. Am I prepared to work while Aaron pioneers. My heart says YES… but what are the realities of that and the effects to my spirituality. Would we cope if I worked only part time? I know the answer to this lies in my doing more research. So that’s the next phase. I would also like advise from my readers and any additional points that I may not of thought about or considered.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

English Woman in...England? What kind of blog title would that be?