Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My first black friday

Black Friday is a good idea until you actually attempt it.  For those in the UK Black Friday is the day after Thanks Giving. Most of the big department stores have 50% sales on selected items and you can get them super cheap. Electrical items are a big favorite on Black Friday.  The catch is that the items are limited, so as you can imagine its mayhem. The stores all start their sales at different times. Some at midnight others at 4am, 5am and so on. People camp outside stores for hours on end to get the items they want.

I had a few in mind that would come in really handy for our upcoming trip, and that we needed but  had been putting off  purchasing due to the big question that looms over every purchase, DO I REALLY NEED THIS OR DO I WANT IT!

The items I was looking for were
  1. A printer
  2. A car stereo
  3. Ipod dock 
  4. Digital camera
  5. GPS
I managed to find all but the car stereo at Walmart. The stores release ads that have all their deals on it, so you can plan you shopping trip. The good  thing is  is that Walmart started its sales at 10pm and the latest one was midnight. Not too late a night as I had work in the am.

When I arrived at Walmart I found out that all the sale items were in the middle of the isles and covered in black tarp, they would not be uncovered till the sale time. 10pm and midnight. The electrical was midnight. My friends and I found the locations of the items we needed and circled like vultures.


I wont go into too much detail about the rampaging and ripping of pallets open before they were due to be opened, the surging crowds and screams of women fighting over items. Lets just say this was my first and last Black Friday.

I also wont tell you too much detail about how I managed to get all my goods before everyone else find a corner to sit in and watch the madness ensue.

What I will tell you is that I have taken all my purchases back!  Nothing worked!  The cameras focus was broken, the ipod dock didn't fit my ipod, I would have to order from apple for a attachment that fit my ipod! grrrrrr and the printer came without a major component that I would have to purchase for another $20.I was very angry at HP for that and almost phoned head office just to rant.  We kept the GPS and I found a portable Ipod speaker for $7 that is totally cute works, I use it in the car so now I have music.

LESSON here is Walmart only give away cheap toot on Black Friday. You get what you pay for and its just not worth the lack of sleep and possibility of getting stampeded.

I must have forgot to ask DO I REALLY NEED THIS STUFF OR WANT IT?

It would have saved me allot of hassle.


DONT BUY THESE THEY ARE RUBBISH!




 This camera was broken and felt really cheap

These are amazing and work great mine has a cute owl design

No comments: