Saturday, November 5, 2011

My New Car

Yesterday  I was scouring Craigslist ( like Gumtree) and I found a great deal on a 1991 Ford Explorer.  She looked clean, was mechanically sound and we had exactly the amount they were asking in our savings account. I forwarded the info to Aaron he called the man. Then with his permission I went ot our bank emptied our account and within the hour we were on our way to Lodi.  I prayed and prayed, please if this car is good for let us get it. We have been in desperate need of a car for some time.  With my friends updateing their cars to nice new ones I have been struggling with this for a while now.   But keeping ever focused and wanting to keep our lives simple this looked like the answer.

Sure she is 20yrs old, but has had one owner, is very clean and maintained. She is 4x4, tons of space. A little on the basic side but she has power steering, heating and quiet. To me this is luxury. 




I drove her home, the stress falling away as now I have a car for the ministry, errands, work and our road trip. yey!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

So it's a girl car! What's her name?

Emily said...

I just call her girl...but the American way, grrill. Exaggerating the R and L. But I am open to suggestions. i am not very good at naming cars