Thursday, June 28, 2012

Swordfish with a Spicy Garlic Butter Sauce






This recipe was inspired by my Tuna. Swordfish has both a delicate white flakiness about it but is meaty like tuna. I love it.  While eating this great dish, I decided next time I would cook it with lemon slices on top and let it infuse the fish and leave out the chilli flakes.  I teamed my fish up with steamed carrots , brown wild rice and creamy spinach and topped it with Parmesan.
Ingredients:
  • 2 Swordfish steaks
  • 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 tbsp garlic
  • 1/2 cup clear, salt-free vegetable broth
  • Chilli flakes
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.

Sear steaks 1min each side. Add butter and garlic cook  for 1 minute, add broth. Put dish in oven and cook for 10 mins or till cooked through. While fish sits add liquid to pan and reduce for  about 2 mins on high add chilli flakes drizzle over steaks.

No comments: