Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 6 Off to Seaside

Seaside. Just that name reminds me of home. In the UK we call the coast the Seaside. 

The first town we stopped at was called Florence. It was picturesque, art gallerys, coffee shops very boutique looking with out feeling snobby. 


They also have some really nice bridges, all designed in the art deco style. 


Aaron met an elderly gentleman in the coffee shop there who chatted for about an hour telling him about his life in the military, he was super sweet and was happy to have someone to talk to.


While Aaron was listining. I was wondering the coffee shop and found all kinds og goddies. I would have easly spent $100 on thier stuff it was so cute but I restirained my self to $8 on a bird that i can hang in my car.

This was $29  I loved it but could no way pay that for it



I brought this for my car






I wanted to buy these for Tiffy so bad...... they were thermal inside too!

We kept coming accross beach after beach and just didint have the time to stop and walk them all but we would sit and take in the beatuy, the sea was calm today and the beaches all empty. I will miss this.


We finally arrived in Seaside. Found our home for the next few days courtesy of Neil Branson who although wont be home has allowed us to stay in his home. We found him via couchsurfing.com.   His home is lovely and his has a great selecetion of books. I am looking forward to sitting in his reading chair ( which I already have and and started reading "Born to Run" I love it) and reading.  I would be happy here reading and walking the beaches for the rest of our trip. I have decided to make a reading list from his books so that I can buy them for myself.





We went out to dinner,  (I had lobster, but decided I prefer crab) saw a movie and then Home to bed very tired and happy to be going to sleep. Tomorrow we lie sleep in have lunch and take it easy.

1 comment:

knitterbeal said...

Sounds like your kind of day :) wish I could join you!