Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.






I will try not to sound self pitying, and pathetic.  But see that picture above. That was what Aaron and I were supposed to be starting this Friday. A road trip along the Oregon Coast then end up in Portland with friends and explore the city and art  scene.


Have you ever seen Elizabeth town the movie? Go see its. Its cute and has the independent movie feel about it which makes it cool.  Great sound track and story. Its a road trip movie, although the Road trip bit doesn't happen till the final leg of the film but it has that feel to it. Well anyway the female lead - Kirsten Dunst creates a road trip book for Orlando Bloom to help him get over the death of this father and find himself again after his career crashes and burns and his dads death.



I was in the process of making one for our road trip. I was so excited to have a project, I love stuff like this. We had created a kind of playlist for our trip after inheriting a ton of CDs from friends..


Now for the punch line.

Our car broke down. We had to spend $400 on fixing it that's half of our budget for our trip. So guess what. NO ROAD TRIP.

Im not going to ask why me? like I said no self pitying !!!!  It was stupid of me to forget I have a enemy who is trying to trip me up with a long list of little obstacles  so that I stay down. It was brought out in a talk that Satan wants us to think that everything we go through just isnt worth the the relationship we are building with Jehovah, or the amazing experiences I have on the ministry, or the spiritual feeding I get.  And of course the final goal, the Real life we all need so badly.

I'm not going to pretend I'm not crushed, I am gutted. The hardest thing is staying positive and not allowing emotions and negative feelings like: so and so have everything, cars, vacations and nice things.  cloud out what I know to be true. I chose this life, I chose to have less so that I could spend more time with Jehovah.

THE POSITIVE

  • Our car broke down on the drive way and not on the road
  • We got it fixed right away because a brother in our cong did us a favor and worked on it for half of what he normally charges.  
  • We still get to go to Portland, we just dont get the week long road trip.
  • I have a wonderful husband who is putting up with me being a brat about this
  • All is well!  
:)

No comments: