Monday, February 27, 2012

Creative Letter Writing 1 - Jigsaw puzzle letter

I have a friend who I write to in KY and another in WA.   Both of my friends are very creative. All though there is never a shortage on what to say we do like to get creative in the way we send our mail or how we present our letters. I thought I would share some of those with you for inspiration and I am also looking for new ideas. We generally will write on anything we can put through the mail.

Recently I had the Idea to create my letter into a jigsaw, Its very easy and fun to do.

You will need:

Scissors
paper
cardboard (cereal box or still card)
glue
a picture you like
a jigsaw template printed from the internet


I Googled jigsaw template and there are lots. Choose a less complicated jigsaw template as cutting gets tough the thicker the card.

Stick your picture to one side of the card. This will determine the size of your puzzle.  When printing you can also adjust the size of the template.

Stick the jigsaw template with the darker ink side to the card.  This is so that you will still see the lines to cut out but will be able to write on the side without the actual lines

Write you letter. Then cut it out. 



Put it into an envelope and post.  I love hearing how much they enjoyed my mail.

2 comments:

knitterbeal said...

That looks super fun! I think Lilly would love this idea too!!

Anonymous said...

I really liked this idea and am going to use it to write my pen pal letter in school!