Friday, February 20, 2009

ANOTHER POEM

This is a personal poem i recorded it because i entered it into a competition. This is about my mother.




Chicken soup
I remember her standing over the stove her hair piled into a loose bun, tumbling around her face.
The smell of chicken fat filling the house with despair.
I remember the pride in her face as she handed us our bowls of chicken soup.
I remember our fear.
I remember her smile and how it would light up her face.
I remember how she walked through a room how beautiful she looked as she floated thro.
I remember her laugh and how everyone laughed when they were with her, every one except me.
I remember when she made me my first snowball, how sweet it tasted and how grown up I felt.
I remember seeing her in bed with a bottle of wine and throwing it at her in anger.
I remember packing my bags then the car ride to the coach station.
I remember feeling alone and afraid.
I remember asking her if she loved me and the silence that followed, before she whispered “of course I do”. her telling me that she loved me even if it meant that she could never show it.
I remember the last time I saw her, she looked thro me like I wasn’t there.
I saw her look at you the way I always wanted her to look at me, with a mothers love and tenderness.
To tell me I was the daughter she has always wanted.
I close my eyes and pretend that look was for me.

No comments: