Friday, February 20, 2009

FINISHED PAINTING

It is my goal to do a painting a week, this is my first painting. It was a fun one to get out all my little quirks, and get over my fear of painting. I find doing one that isnt that serious and allows me to be more free, enables me to be more serious in my next painting. I found a new style that i can do easily while doing this. If you look at the skyscrapers and tea cups this is new for me. The black and grey pattern is something i often repeat in doodles. It took me a while to remember it!



2 comments:

Charlean said...

OH MY GOSH EMILY... that painting is totally AWESOME !!!! Is it the one that you started at Wendy's?
Is it acrylic?

I absolutely LOVE LOVE it... I would buy your art any day. !!!
Keep up the good,I mean excellent work.

Auntie Char :>)

AmandaChristina said...

Emmy,
I really love your painting. I like how I saw the beginning of it and the end is something totally unexpected- I had no idea where you were going to go with it.

I am excited to see the owl one when it's finished too. :)

Love,
Amanda