Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Charlotte


There are some people that you are invisibly tied too. Family is the obvious one, but within that circle there are certain ones that even 1000 miles cannot separate that bond you feel.

We grew up in twos my sisters and I.. It wasn't planned but that's how it worked out. We all had a playmate to play with. My playmate and personal tormentor was born 1year and 5 months after myself. Her name Charlotte Rose Augustine Purcell. C.R.A.P lol a hidden warning maybe.

On a serious note, she is one of the most amazing women i know, and here's why. Apart from the continual teasing, she had the mouth and i had the fists. I was never fast with the comebacks so being older and bigger I would pounce when no one was looking. It never deterred her even from a young age she was tough and fearless.

Both of us having left home at a young age, 15 and 16 we stuck together.
It was the two of us for a few years moving from one place to another. It was while working in London Charlotte met the Lee, the father of her children and partner of 13yrs.. Honestly that was hard thing for me to accept. It had been us for past few years and now i was alone. I blamed him for taking her away from me. I was unsupportive and it caused a divide between us for a while, something i really regret. Lee has been a continuing support, loyal partner and amazing father to his 3 children.


Dispite all the hardships she has endured she has 3 beautiful children, and now studying to be Midwife at University. I am so proud of her. She has this amazing zest for life and turns heads when she turns enters a room. She is a beautiful strong women who doesnt realize how amazing she is.. She has this deep seated care of people and feels others pain. She has lost friends to death and turned those feelings into a positive doing a 5k run for Cancer Research called Race for Life, in memory of her friend Rachel. She has stood up for mistreatment of others when working in a Care Home and continues to be the centre of our family.



I no longer see her as only my little sister, but as a strong role model and woman whom i look up to and can only hope to have the strength she has. I know you do not feel strong, but look back and see were you have come from and how far you have come..

I love you and im so proud of you.


No comments: