Monday, October 11, 2010

New week new running time


Through most of my sleep last night all I could think about was running that extra minute today. After my failure on Saturday I was really anxious. I got up and donned my running gear, Claudia was waiting for me at the trail. We set the clock for 3 minutes and started to run.. It wasnt easy but I did it and I did it 4 times that morning. it wasn't until we had finished our run that I was made aware that we had actually cut our walking time = recovery time. It was hard, I was breathing hard and during at least one of the runs I was screaming in my head, when are we going to stop I need to stop ahhhhhhhh!

But I did it, by George I did it! High Five people!

I have a dilemma, my schedule says that we have rest days. Should I take the rest day or should I push myself. Personally I want to follow the schedule and rest but Claudia wants to run and I agreed. We have been running every day so far so maybe we should keep going. I know my diet is not a streamlined as it should be so the extra running will help. Then on the other hand I was so tired today because of my run, my calf cramped up and its still a little tender. I need to get on and do some serious stretching.

Pros to running every day

Will build faster and better endurance
weight loss faster
body adapt faster
sense of personal achievement
motivation to eat better

Cons

Could injure self because of pushing (ankles are week, knees play up, cramping calf)
could exhaust self during day and it effects my work and ministry and household duties
could start disliking if i push to hard and stop all together.



What to do? Part of me knows I should push myself and the lazy me says take the rest days. I dont know who to listen to. HELP

No comments: