Friday, October 8, 2010

Running in London!


So I have a predicament. Half way through our training I am going on a 3 week vacation to London, England. I want to be able to carry on my training. I really do. But my issues are London is a dangerous city. Ive lived there and running on my own isn’t wise. Plus its going to be winter in the UK very cold and wet. Im used to Californian winters which can get cold but its never for long. On a side note it was raining the other morning when we were running, not heavily but it was a little shower and we still ran.. HARDCORE lol…. I was proud of myself, I was proud of us.

I couldn’t do this without the support of my friend Claudia. She is awesome. She is a naturally active person, she does mountain biking, the gym and has her own Harley. We have played tennis in the summer and now we are running together. I wouldn’t do this alone. For some reason I just don’t have the motivation when im alone. Claudia is in her mid 40s and is a picture of health. Both her and her husband take exceptional care of themselves and are a great examples of what we should be doing. They make wise choices about what they eat, exercise regularly, are both regular pioneers and super fun to be around. Im very grateful to have them as friends and the support of my friend Claudia.

Back to talking about London. So im heading back home for 3 weeks. I want to continue my program so that I don’t get off track and all that I’m doing now is not in vain. I could advertise for a running partner while im in London it has to be a local person, its an option at least. I could ask around my friends and see If anyone willing to run with me.

No comments: