Friday, October 8, 2010

Running For Pleasure? Pah!


Tomorrow is the end of the my first week of my running training program. It is getting easier, not oh this is a breeze easier but my body is accepting that this is what I want to do and its getting used to it. My body is still fighting me a little and im still hitting that wall on every time on the 3rd run but I get through it and my last run is almost fun.

This morning the run was over before it had even started. I wake up in the morning at 6am and groan inside at the thought of running, but I want this and I have friend relying on me so I get up and get dressed. At the moment im not eating anything before I go for a run, I drink a glass of water and try and use the bathroom. If I do not use the restroom my run is almost always interrupted by the need to poop.. So some advice! go before you leave the house!

I have to do a little research as to what if anything I should eat. drink or take before a run. I have been thinking about an energy drink that a personal trainer recommends but I have to do some more research about it. So for now I head out and meet my friend at a car park next to a local trail.

I am a morning person, so getting up in the mornings suits me and gives me a great start to the day, in the mornings I have more energy and If I have the time I can get so much done. I am finding that during the day I get tired. I need to power nap or take a time out before hubby comes home. By the evening im exhausted. This may be because of a change in my physical activity and also not taking in enough food or nutrient rich foods in the day. I am in the process of getting menus together for us. I will post the menus and were I got them from when I get them together.

For now I just keep going!

No comments: