Saturday, November 6, 2010

Old friends and missing home

Ive been homesick. I miss you, i miss the quiet pace of placerville and my routine. I have been in a daze for the past few days.. Going places that are familiar on autodrive and yet everything feeling so strange..I cant believe im here and afriad before i come to terms with it ill be leaving.





my sister Harriette and I ( she might be coming in Janurary)




Im getting tired early but making myself stay up till bedtime and now im waking up at 4am.. I gave sarah a quick call this morning as I lay awake and she was so excited to hear from me I didnt have a chance to talk before my phone was out of credit lol It was good to hear her voice.

Aaron enjoying breakfast at our local cafe



I Went to my old kingdom hall on Thursday. It was great to see everyone.. I was very overwhelmed, being hugged left right and center. We all went to the pub after the meeting and I have dinner plans with somefriends tonight. This week has mainly be adjusting.. We have stayed local and been sleeping and bumping into friends which is always nice.. I had lunch with my spiritual mum, 5 hours in a Turkish resturant!! lol its nice that some things never change and Hazel like her name as nutty as they come is full of energy, corrects my speech, grammer and raises her eyes at my americanisims..

Hazel my spiritual mum



next week promises to be buiser... miss you all

2 comments:

knitterbeal said...

Your blog sounds happy. Makes me feel better about letting you visit home ;) Have fun and have a pint for me! Sorry you know Guinness (draft) is my favorite.

AmandaChristina said...

I miss you too! Can't wait to hear more about your trip though. Sending you a big giant hug.