Friday, May 4, 2012

My Parents


 Today Dad came over to visit. He scared the living daylights out of me. I heard someone coming down the stairs and made a exit plan in my head knowing this wasnt Lydia she was in an exam.  As I looked up the stairs my Dad came around the corner.  We chatted for a few hours. It was good. Yesterday when I had seen dad i learnt he was having a tough day. Today was a good day for Dad. We laughed and he was back. It felt good. 

Yesterday was the first time I had seen my Dad in over a year and a half. This is what he looked like then in Dec 2010. It was a shock to see the person below. Moving slowly, weak, mentally exhausted and changed in every way imaginable.  

 I have been spending time with Mum and Dad, helping out in the house and running errands with mum as Dad tries to be get out and about as he needs the exercises, but gets tired very easily.

Today while running errands I had pie and mash for lunch  a traditional London food that is so good.





This is the first picture of my mother and I in over 10yrs.  She is coping well and being a rock for my dad. Its hard for her as she has alot of her own health issues.



My parents living room.. I like!

No comments: