Thursday, May 10, 2012

Olympic VIllage, The meeting and the pub



As Lydia and I where getting ready to go and clean our parents home we got a call saying they were both having a slow day and weren't up to us going round.

Lydia needed some shoes for her Radiography placement so we decided to go shopping.  Westfields Mall have only been in the UK for a year.  We went to one about 20 mins away in Stratford right next to the Olympic Village.  This Westfields Mall is the newest and biggest in London I think.

Above is the sculpture that represents the Olympic flame and the birds nest stadium.

Below is the Mall. Its huge. I brought a pair of Jeans and a Cardigan both on sale.  We where very tired that day so we spent a bit sitting and people watching while drinking coffee and eating fine chocolate.





I got the same phone the next day after Dad had his regular check up with the nurse after his surgery. Check wounds healing etc.  So I spent Thursday at home.  Cleaned the flat. Did prep for the meeting tonight and took a nap.  The weather is wet humid and grey I cant stand it.


I went to the meeting tonight and it turns out its the last meeting for Wood Green in their old hall. They have have brought a new building. The building is actually an old pump house so its old and they renovated the inside.  They move in Sunday and I get to be there. I was in Wood Green Cong for about 10yrs. So I am excited to be here for this. At the end of the meeting everyone stayed in their seats while one of the Elders Simon took a  photo of the cong from the platform. There is talk to get it framed and have it in the entrance of the new hall in black and white. If thats the case I will always be there. lol

After the meeting half the cong went to the local pub for a beer and a curry. Its a regular event and I miss it.


 Above is Vinny in the red stripe tie he is an Elder in our hall. Liz his wife is a close friend of mine. Her bother Ben is the one in the purple tie he is a min servant. That the curry below.  $5 for a curry and a beer. you cant beat that




Below is Simon who took the photo at the hall and Erol, both are elders and very good friends.



Ryan below (in the pinky tie) is a bethalite and single ladies lol he wanted me to say that.


 \\

The whole gang at the pub say Hi

Tomorrow is my dads appointment at the Hospital .. Im hoping to have some good news.

No comments: