Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 1 Juice Fast

Today has been the first day of our juice fast.  59 days to go.  It was tough today.   I was a little hungry but that's because I am only managing half my juice at this stage. The raw food taste is still a bit much for me. I am having to add an extra orange, apple or pear to sweeten it so I can drink it. However I can still taste the greens it them.

I have had a headache all day but not too bad.  My stomach feels full, its been making lots of noise. Its hard not putting solid food in my mouth and I have been collecting recipes I can make when we come off the fast March 7th.    I slept for a while to pass the time.

Its funny how food is connected to everything we do. It felt we had nothing to do today, cant go out for coffee which is our fav past time. Going out usually involves eating somewhere. So i slept a little.  We will have to find other things to do outdoor, this was one of the things I wanted from the fast. To sever us from our currant relationships and challenge us from the norm not just on food but the things we do in our spare time.

If today is the worst of how I will feel I can manage it. Its going to be very tough. But I am motivated by the results that I am told will follow. Clear thinking, energy, low blood sugar and weight loss.


Here is what we ate today.

Breakfast  - (10.00am bg 182)

First Juice of our 2 month Juice fast this morning. Its a bit tart but yummy and there is so much of it. Will take me a while to get through it all. Berry's would have made it awesome.

3 oranges
3 apples
2 grapefruit
1 lime
1 piece of ginger 2" 
Was meant to have cranberries but didnt have any. Any berry would have made this great.


Lunch -Green juice  (2pm bg 126)

1 bunch kale
4 sticks of celery
1.5 bunch of spinach
ginger
2 cucumbers
3 apples
had to add 2 oranges to mine as the green was a bit to strong for me
Dinner - ABC Juice (9.36pm bg 121)
2 Apples
2 carrots
half cabbage
half honeydew
3 pears
3 leaves of Chard

not bad! want a burger tho
 So on to day 2...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Is bg for blood glucose?

knitterbeal said...

Yippee for Aaron and Emily! I love food blogs. Yours is my new favorite, Emily! =) keep up the good work