Friday, January 27, 2012

Publishing my poetry




I am self publishing a poetry book. I have a collection of over 70 poems written over the years. I am also having illustrators illustrate my poems. So far I have over 10 illustrators involved from a site called Deviant Art, a place were artists of all kind post their art work. Most are not professional but of a very high standard. I have invited them to read the poems and then choose a few that they would like to illustrate. The book is a collaborative art project. I even have one of the local business owners who heard about it and wants to illustrate. If anyone is interested in illustrating or has any advice to give I am a open book.. Ha!



I would like to broaden my horizons with poetry. I like some Byron, Elizabeth Bennett Browning, Dickinsion, Poe, T.S Elliot, Milton, and Yeats. Please share you favorite poem, haiku, limerick, and recommend poets or books.


Thanks

No comments: